Residential Support Specialist
Provides support to members in CODAC's Residential Program(s) and aids in their recovery. Monitors and maintains facility and member security and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Monitors and reports the activities of residents in a twenty-four (24) hour facility.
- Provides for the security of the facility and safety of the residents.
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate staff.
- Enforces the rules of the program as they apply to the residents.
- Completes daily progress note in medical record per ISP and pertinent events.
- Performs member and/or house related data management and clerical activities on assignment basis.
- Reports to staff at the end of each shift.
- Participates in Recovery Team meetings as necessary.
- Transports members and children to and from appointments.
- Monitors members self-administration of medications.
- Maintains appropriate member/staff boundaries.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- High School or G.E.D.
- Currently enrolled in a college for behavioral health degree program, preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a college children welfare or human services degree program, for programs working with children, preferred.
- 1 year relevant experience work experience.
- 1 year working with children for programs working with children.
- First Aid
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Drivers license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to interact effectively with other service providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing