Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible, but not exclusive, for the following:
- Coordinates the delivery of integrated care services to members, in collaboration with clinical and other staff to address the member’s needs.
- Performs integrated healthcare assessment and annual assessment updates.
- Assists in development, implementation and revision of integrated service plans; assures that services provided are specified in the integrated service plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, crisis plans and coordinating of adult recovery teams.
- Monitors level and intensity of services contained in the members’ individual integrated service plans.
- Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
- Inform and educate members regarding the meaning and implications of test results and prescribed interventions, as per clinic protocol.
- Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
- Obtain records, notes, reports, and consultations from primary, specialty and other providers and ensure that the information is appropriately filed in the electronic health record.
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals.
- Provides health literacy and health education groups.
- Offers guidance and education related to members individual needs.
- Provides community and home-based services to members.
- Connects members to resources within CODAC and the community to address identified health concerns.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with members.
- Provides member advocacy and attends medical appointments, as needed.
- Assists with coordination of scheduling of appointments for members.
- Attends all staff meetings and all other required meetings.
- Maintains member records in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Participates in provision of Desk Duty services or Counselor of the Day to provide urgent and emergent services to members on a walk-in basis.
- Monitors progress and provides monthly updates to members involved with other agencies including Department of Developmental Disabilities, Department of Child Safety and Pima County and City of Tucson Diversion Courts.
- Maintains regular contact with treatment staff to inform and be informed of member’s progress and makes recommendations for continuing care.
- Transports members as needed and/or directed by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field and no related experience OR;
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a non-healthcare related field and 1 year relevant related experience OR;
- Associates’ degree in a healthcare field and 1 year related experience OR;
- Associate’s degree in a non-healthcare field and 2 years related experience OR;
- Certified Peer Support Specialist and 2 years related experience OR;
- High School diploma or General Education Equivalent (GED and 4 years related experience OR;
- Is an Arizona Licensed Registered Nurse OR;
- Is an Arizona Licensed Physician’s Assistant who is not working as a medical practitioner.
- Commission Certified Care Manager (CCCM), a plus.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Level of Education and Pay minimum(s):
High School/GED plus 4 years relevant experience: Minimum $15.30 per hour
Associates degree and 2 years relevant experience: Minimum $15.92 per hour
Bachelors degree w1th relevant experience: Minimum $17.27 per hour
Masters degree with relevant experience: Minimum $20.00 per hour