Certified Medical Assistant/Certified Clinical Medical Assistant
Provides medical and office support services to Behavioral Health Medical Professionals (BHMP) and nurses within the CODAC clinical setting.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates the delivery of integrated care services to members, in collaboration with clinical and other staff to address the member’s needs.
- Performs integrated healthcare assessment and annual assessment updates.
- Assists in development, implementation, and revision of integrated service plans; assures that services provided are specified in the integrated service plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, crisis plans and coordinating of adult recovery teams.
- Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
- Inform and educate members regarding the meaning and implications of test results and prescribed interventions, as per clinic protocol.
- Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
- Assists with initiation, researched, completes and faxes of communication documents as directed by BHMP, PCP, or RN (i.e. Prior Authorizations, PCP Coordination and Disability Forms, etc.).
- Takes vital signs of members.
- Assist in COVID-19/TB protocols and testing requirements.
- Administers injections as directed/order by BHMP or PCP.
- Reviews and updates current medication list with any current medications.
- Screen for any changes in diagnosis or medications since last appointment.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screen samples from members, when appropriate.
- Returns phone messages from members, when asked to do so by the BHMP, PCP or RN.
- Reviews next day appointment charts to determine needed chart updates.
- Performs various office duties, such as shredding documents, filing, and sorting mail, lab reports, faxes from pharmacies, etc.
- Assures all referrals to specialty medical and behavioral health providers are completed including referrals to internal CODAC programs.
- Assures follow up on all laboratory testing order to assure results are entered into the electronic health record
- Provides case management, health promotion and other necessary services to support member recovery
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Assist and educates members with self-administration of medication (med boxes).
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications at Hire
- Graduate of accredited Certified Medical Assistant program
- One (1) year experience At least 1 year experience working in a clinical setting, skills in office duties, customer service, insurance and billing, and patient care.
- Must attain “Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) or Registered Clinical Medical Assistant” certification within one (1) year of employment through National Healthcareer Association or other certification body.
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Familiar with and adheres to medical assistant scope of practice
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing