Supervisor (Women's Residential)
Responsible for effective coaching and clinical supervision of staff supervised in facilitation of the members adult recovery teams in securing and managing behavioral health services that aid in the members recovery from mental illness and/or addiction disorders.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides effective coaching and clinical supervision of various staff and positions
- Ensures prompt and effective documentation by all staff supervised.
- Audits a minimum of twenty (20) behavioral health charts weekly, ensuring that appropriate actions are initiated to resolve chart deficiencies.
- Monitors and provides coaching to ensure prompt and effective documentation of covered service encounters.
- Provides direct supervision and coaching to ensure accuracy of Risk Assessment in members charts.
- Ensures that staff supervised possesses required competencies in all aspects of their job duties.
- Works with staff to ensure that members receive services in the most appropriate level of care for that member at that time.
- Provides coaching to staff supervised in facilitation of adult recovery teams.
- Supervises and evaluates staff supervised per CODAC guidelines.
- Provides one hour weekly of professional supervision to unlicensed staff supervised.
- Participates in staffings, case conferences, or other meetings, as appropriate.
- Supervises level and intensity of services contained in the members!& individual service plans.
- Supervises maintenance of member records in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Meets regularly with staff supervised to coordinate activities, address issues, resolve problems and review service goals and objectives.
- Performs staff supervision and performance evaluations per agency guidelines.
- Attends community meetings and communicates outcome to appropriate staff.
- Meets with treatment providers to review utilization and medical necessity.
- Supervises staff in facilitation of member progress toward individualized service plan and recovery goals.
- Works with providers and state agencies to coordinate member care.
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of DMS IV-TR.
- Extensive knowledge of managed care systems and AHCCCS/Title XIX medical necessity criteria.
- Extensive knowledge of drugs of abuse and dynamics of abusive/addictive behavior.
- Extensive knowledge in a variety of behavioral health modalities
- Knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Extensive knowledge of various therapeutic techniques utilized in interrupting dysfunctional behavior lifestyles.
- Extensive knowledge and experience with individual, group and family therapy.
- Ability to interact and provide effective leadership in a team setting with other behavioral health professionals.
- Expertise in supervision, training and evaluation of personnel.
- Ability to interact effectively with community groups, service providers, site agencies and individuals.
- Ability to develop and implement goals and objectives.
Skills / Requirements
Education and/or Experience:
- Master's degree in social work, psychology, counseling, or related behavioral health field, plus five years related experience including two experience coordinating or supervising the work of others.
- Licensed by the Arizona State Board of Behavioral Health, preferred
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years. 1st Aid and CPR required.
Schedule: 1p to 10p on Fri/Sat/Sun/Mon