Supervisor - Medical Assistant
Under the supervision of the Associate Medical Director, the Medical Assistant Supervisor is responsible for the supervision and oversight of clinical processes throughout CODAC’s Alvernon and Cobblestone Outpatient Clinics. The position will ensure consistent processes through the training and management of medical assistant tasks by providing direct supervision to the Medical Assistants. The position will verify Medical Assistant assignments, training, scheduling and oversee retention rates. This position will be responsible for ensuring all inventories of medical supplies and equipment They will monitor the quality management and compliance reporting for health and safety concerns.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Resolves grievances and other personnel problems within position responsibilities. Provides input based on observations related to counseling and disciplinary issues. Implements corrective actions/performance improvement plans as required.
- Assist management or others in responding to member concerns as needed. Monitors and addresses member complaints within position responsibility. Ensures the highest level of member satisfaction. Works with BH Medical Professionals, physicians and others to address and prevent problems.
- Plans, implements, and evaluates the assigned staffing needs on a daily basis to adequately support patient care. Assigns staff based upon patient needs, practice volume, staff qualifications and department policy.
- Provides effective direction, guidance, and leadership over the staff for effective teamwork and motivation and fosters the effective integration of efforts with clinic-wide initiatives.
- Coordinates the assignment of tasks and helps resolve technical and operational problems. Evaluates the impact of solutions to ensure goals are achieved.
- Assist in developing policies and programs within the department, acts as a positive role model for staff.
- Creates an environment that nurtures empowerment of medical assistant staff members; encourages the development of self-directed work teams; proactively pursue and encourage continuous quality management and innovation.
- Demonstrates an ability to work effectively and communicate frequently with all members of the patient care and administrative team; orchestrates and actively participates in daily huddles to promote effective communication with staff, providers and other members of the interdisciplinary team.
- Evaluates daily patient flow in the medical assistant area to maintain access standards and open communication with patients and providers; adjusts as appropriate to maintain organized, efficient patient flow in the medical assistant station
- Provides medical assistant staff with information, education and tools to ensure they are supporting efficient patient flow in the practice.
- Provides effective coaching, clinical and administrative supervision of assigned staff.
- Ensures adequate equipment and supplies for assigned area.
- Ensures compliance to all health and safety regulations and requirements.
- Performs all tasks of a certified medical assistant.
- Provide back up support to the medical assistant team, which includes all functions of a medical assistant.
Skills / Requirements
- Licensed Practical Nurse and three (3) years’ experience, at least 1 year experience working in a clinical setting, skills in office duties, customer service, insurance and billing, and patient care AND
- Two (2) years, supervisory or training experience, preferred OR;
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (required) and five (5) years’ experience, at least 2-years experience working in a clinical setting, skills in office duties, customer service, insurance and billing, and patient care AND;
- Three (3) years, supervisory or training experience, preferred
- Licensed by the Arizona Nursing Board as a Licensed Practical Nurse OR;
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant Certification Required. (National Healthcareer Association or other National Certification)
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.Apply Online
Pay: $37,725 to $45,000/year
Salary dependent of experience
Job Status: Full Time