Sr. Residential Support Specialist
Provides support to members, Residential Program and aids in their recovery. Monitors and maintains facility and member security and safety. Assists and is the liaison in the absence of the Residential Coordinator and/or Supervisor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision assists in the programs’ day-to-day functions to include basic training for new staff, scheduling; resource person for guidelines re: filing, chart order, release of information etc.
- Acts as liaison with upper management in the absence of the Residential Coordinator and/or Supervisor.
- Monitors and reports the activities of residents in a twenty-four (24) hour facility.
- Provides for the security of the facility and safety of the residents.
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate staff.
- Enforces the rules of the program as they apply to the residents.
- Completes daily progress note in medical record per ISP and pertinent events.
- Performs member and/or house related data management and clerical activities on assignment basis.
- Reports to staff at the end of each shift.
- Participates in Recovery Team meetings, as necessary.
- Transports members and children to and from appointments.
- Maintains appropriate member/staff boundaries.
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
- Participate in resident group meetings, case reviews, discharge staffing and staff meetings and job-related training.
- Read and understand both the program and individual resident’s treatment plans. Implementing resident’s treatment plans. Providing guidance, counseling, problem solving, and necessary consequences (per program rules and individual treatment plans) to residents.
- Monitoring resident’s whereabouts, including bed checks after curfew.
- Assist residents in self-administration of medication and document appropriately.
- Accurately and professionally document resident activities and treatment progress, critical incidents, and other documentation necessary in the course of duties and communicate this appropriately.
- Inform on-call administrative and provider staff if members miss medications, medical/behavioral concerns, or are non-compliant with medications, experience side effects from medications, or need ANY assistance regarding milieu or client management issues.
- Monitor member medical conditions and report to administrative and medical providers as appropriate.
- Supervision of visitors who may visit residents on campus.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field and no related experience OR;
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a non-healthcare related field and 1 year relevant related experience OR;
- Associates’ degree in a healthcare field and 1 year related experience OR;
- Associate’s degree in a non-healthcare field and 2 years related experience OR;
- Certified Peer Support Specialist and 2 years related experience
- High School diploma or General Education Equivalent (GED and 4 years related experience.
- Is an Arizona Licensed Registered Nurse OR;
- Is an Arizona Licensed Physician’s Assistant who is not working as a medical practitioner.
- 2 years relevant experience work experience;
- experience working in a residential treatment program, a plus
- TB Skin Test
- Possess and maintain CPR Certification
- Possess and maintain First Aid Certification
- Fingerprint Clearance Card, required
- Proof of Automobile Insurance
- Valid Arizona Drivers License, driving is essential for the position
- Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to interact effectively with other service providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing