Sr. Residential Support Specialist
Provides support to members, Residential Program and aids in their recovery. Monitors and maintains facility and member security and safety. Assists and is the liaison in the absence of the Program Coordinator.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Under supervision assists in the programs’ day-to-day functions to include basic training for new staff, scheduling; resource person for guidelines re: filing, chart order, release of information etc.
- Acts as liaison with upper management in the absence of the Program Coordinator.
- Monitors and reports the activities of residents in a twenty-four (24) hour facility.
- Provides for the security of the facility and safety of the residents.
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate staff.
- Enforces the rules of the program as they apply to the residents.
- Completes daily progress note in medical record per ISP and pertinent events.
- Performs member and/or house related data management and clerical activities on assignment basis.
- Reports to staff at the end of each shift.
- Participates in Recovery Team meetings as necessary.
- Transports members and children to and from appointments.
- Monitors members’ self-administration of medications.
- Maintains appropriate member/staff boundaries.
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
Position Requirements: Pre-employment Competencies/requirements
- High School or G.E.D.
- Currently enrolled in a college for behavioral health degree program, preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a college children welfare or human services degree program, for programs working with children, preferred.
- 2 year relevant experience work experience; experience working in a residential treatment program
- Valid Arizona Drivers License, driving is essential for the position
- Proof of Automobile Insurance
- Fingerprint Clearance Card, required
- Possess and maintain First Aid Certification
- Possess and maintain CPR Certification
- TB Skin Test
- Physical Examination
- Must be physically able to perform CPR and Standard First Aid.
- Able to work varying shifts
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively as a monitor of clients in residential or independent living treatment.
- Ability to assess potential crisis situations and take appropriate preventive action.
- Ability to effectively handle emergency situations and take necessary action.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Some knowledge of drug addiction and treatment methods.
- Ability to communicate and interact with members receiving treatment for drug abuse.