Residential Support Specialist ($2K Sign-On Bonus)
Provides support to members in CODACs Residential Program(s) and aids in their recovery. Monitors and maintains facility and member security and safety.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provides for the security of the facility and safety of the residents.
- Manages and documents emergency situations and notifies appropriate staff.
- Enforces the rules of the program as they apply to the residents.
- Completes daily progress note in medical record per ISP and pertinent events.
- Performs member and/or house related data management and clerical activities on assignment basis.
- Reports to staff at the end of each shift.
- Participates in Recovery Team meetings as necessary.
- Transports members and children to and from appointments.
- Monitors members self-administration of medications.
- Maintains appropriate member/staff boundaries.
- Supervision of visitors who may visit residents on campus.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Las Amigas and Gila House
- Monitors and reports the activities of residents in a twenty-four (24) hour facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Transitional Living (ATL, 20th and Hillman):
- Provides check-in monitoring.
- Assists with room assignments, and room inspections as needed.
- Assists with orientation to program.
- Assist with assigning resident chores and monitoring chore completion.
- Assist residents in self-administration of medication and document appropriately.
- Accurately and professionally document resident activities and treatment progress, critical incidents, and other documentation necessary in the course of duties and communicate this appropriately.
- Inform on-call administrative and provider staff if members miss medications, medical/behavioral concerns, or are non-compliant with medications, experience side effects from medications, or need ANY assistance regarding milieu or client management issues.
- Monitor member medical conditions and report to administrative and medical providers as appropriate.
Skills / Requirements
- High School or G.E.D.
- Currently enrolled in a college for behavioral health degree program, preferred.
- Currently enrolled in a college children welfare or human services degree program, for programs working with children, preferred.
- 1 year relevant experience work experience.
- First Aid
- Fingerprint Clearance Card required if working with minors or in residential programs
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Drivers license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to interact effectively with other service providers.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.Apply Online
Pay: from $15.30/hour
Hourly rate based on years of relevant experience
Job Status: Full Time