Recovery Coach ($2K Sign-On Bonus)
CODAC’s Recovery Coach work as part of a multi-disciplinary team and ensures the integration of medical, behavioral health and wellness care for members. The Recovery Coach is responsible for working closely with the primary medical provider, the Behavioral health team, and staff of other agencies involved in the members care to proactively manage member care by providing case management, education, care coordination, systems navigation, advocacy and support primarily in-home and/or in the community.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
The position is responsible, but not exclusive, for the following:
- Coordinates the delivery of integrated care services to members, in collaboration with clinical and other staff to address the member’s needs.
- Performs integrated healthcare assessment and annual assessment updates.
- Assists in development, implementation and revision of integrated service plans; assures that services provided are specified in the integrated service plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, crisis plans and coordinating of adult recovery teams.
- Monitors level and intensity of services contained in the members’ individual integrated service plans.
- Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
- Inform and educate members regarding the meaning and implications of test results and prescribed interventions, as per clinic protocol.
- Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
- Obtain records, notes, reports, and consultations from primary, specialty and other providers and ensure that the information is appropriately filed in the electronic health record.
- Consults and cooperates with community systems to facilitate linkage, referral, crisis management, advocacy, and follow up with the focus on attaining treatment goals.
- Provides health literacy and health education groups.
- Offers guidance and education related to members individual needs.
- Provides community and home-based services to members.
- Connects members to resources within CODAC and the community to address identified health concerns.
- Review details and expectations about the referral with members.
- Provides member advocacy and attends medical appointments, as needed.
- Assists with coordination of scheduling of appointments for members.
- Attends all staff meetings and all other required meetings.
- Maintains member records in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Participates in provision of Desk Duty services or Counselor of the Day to provide urgent and emergent services to members on a walk-in basis.
- Monitors progress and provides monthly updates to members involved with other agencies including Department of Developmental Disabilities, Department of Child Safety and Pima County and City of Tucson Diversion Courts.
- Maintains regular contact with treatment staff to inform and be informed of member’s progress and makes recommendations for continuing care.
- Transports members as needed and/or directed by supervisor.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a healthcare field and no related experience OR;
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in a non-healthcare related field and 3 months relevant related experience OR;
- Associates’ degree in a healthcare field and 6 months related experience OR;
- Associate’s degree in a non-healthcare field and 1-year related experience OR;
- Certified Medical Assistant and 1-year related experience OR;
- Certified Peer Support Specialist and 1-year years related experience OR;
- High School diploma or General Education Equivalent (GED and 2 years related experience
- Commission Certified Care Manager (CCCM), a plus.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.Apply Online
Pay: from $15.92/hour
Pay rate based on level of education and years of work experience relevant to this position.
Job Status: Full Time