The Programmer's principle responsibility is for system programming, trouble shooting and system management including configuration, security, resource monitoring and reporting, and the development of specialized programs. A Programmer will create and modify application screens, run queries on applicable databases, run electronic transmission programs, organize and analyze data, and generate various reports.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Extract data and transmit to appropriate vendors in the required format.
- Establish and maintain production schedule of automated jobs.
- Coordinate with clinical operations to ensure accuracy, validity, and completeness of electronic data.
- Interface with internal departments in the design, development, and implementation of programs within CODAC data systems.
- Analyze and reconcile database information.
- Participate in the development and maintenance of enterprise software (NextGen).
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Develop and produce reports and applications as requested.
- Develop, analyze, and maintain statistical charts and metrics for critical success factors.
- Coordinate end-user interaction for the identification of automation needs, system design, programming, modification, and end-user support.
- Provide assistance for critical tasks with the Network Administrator.
- Work with IS Director on information systems development.
- Facilitate the development and implementation of end-user training plans and materials.
Skills / Requirements
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering or related filed AND 2 years equivalent experience in software development, analysis and problem solving.
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s program in Computer Science or Engineering or related field AND 5 years of experience in software development, analysis and problem solving.
- Experience with storing, retrieving, and querying data in a database.
- Experience in the different phases of software development and in using development standards, processes, and tools.
- Develop MS SQL stored procedures, scripting and report writing and knowledge of the NextGen development environment a plus.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
"Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled"