Nurse - Supervisor
Under the direction and with collaboration of the Nurse Manager promotes and restores members' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the member care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for members, friends, and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Coordinates Nursing coverage for clinic.
- Inventory Management - Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Employee Education and Development -
- Ensures that staff supervised possesses required competencies in all aspects of their job duties.
- Assists in the development and implementation of clinical/nursing training to ensure direct reports are knowledgeable as well as professional development opportunities.
- Provides one hour weekly of professional supervision to unlicensed staff supervised, if applicable.
- Assists/participates in the established agency recruitment process and orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques..
- Completes regulatory agency reports, i.e. CIR, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Provides information to members and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves member needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
Education: Associates in Nursing or relevant nursing experience
- 5 years’ experience in Nursing, required AND
- 2 years management or supervisory capacity, preferred
- Certified in Health Care Worker CPR and Life Saver First Aid.
- Certifications kept current and renewed prior to expiration date.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Registered Nurse or Licensed Practical Nurse, licensed with the Arizona Board of Nursing
- State of Arizona Registered or Licensed Practical Nurse license must be renewed prior to expiration date and always kept current.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing