Nurse - Registered (MAT)
CODAC Health, Recovery & Wellness, Inc. has received approval to implement a State Targeted Response to the Opioid Crisis (Opioid STR). The grant is intended to support specialized screening, linkage case management, and recovery support services, including Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) for persons with Opioid Use Disorders (OUD).
Provides appropriate medical and support services, including assessment, education, treatment, referral, and follow-up to members enrolled in CODAC’s Medication Assisted Treatment (MAT) program.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in evaluation and assessment of members.
- Collaborates with prescribing clinicians and clinical staff to promote member recovery.
- Completes appropriate medical procedures and makes necessary referrals.
- Coordinates medical care with primary physician and other health care providers.
- Observes members’ behavior patterns and medical symptoms related to treatment. Reports assessment to prescribing clinician or clinical staff for follow-up.
- Provides medication delivery as ordered by prescribing clinician or other health care provider.
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Makes home visits when appropriate to provide medical support services and assessment.
- Coordinates and/or provides education specific to identified medical needs.
- Provides nutritional advising and support.
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings, psychiatric appointments, and clinical staffing.
- Administers injections to members when prescribed.
- Secures medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Dispenses methadone dosages to members following State, Federal and CODAC policies.
- Makes home or agency visits when appropriate to provide methadone dispensing, medical support services and assessment.
- Provides education to members interested in initiating or maintaining MAT during clinic appointments or in small-group settings, focusing on individuals in detox units or treatment units housed within the jail.
- Provides patients with information regarding various methods of MAT, frequencies of medication and clinic appointments, and engagement with recovery resources.
- Performs screening and assessments for appropriateness of MAT. Utilizing patient’s input, develops plan and discusses appropriateness with MAT prescriber.
- Communicates with appropriate treatment team to ensure that continuity of care and grant reporting requirements are met.
- Collaborates with treatment team, including Linkage Liaisons and Discharge Planners, to ensure patient has appropriate discharge plan upon release.
- Administers or facilitates administration of MAT (buprenorphine, naltrexone, methadone, etc.) as authorized by prescriber.
- Educates patients on use of naloxone for overdose prevention and facilitates patient access to naloxone post-release utilizing a teach back method or other evidence-based practice.
- Performs appropriate lab services (urine screens, blood draws).
- Performs appropriate health screenings, including HIV, Hepatitis, and Tuberculosis, and
coordinates appropriate follow up.
- Tracks clinical data and prepares reports as necessary.
- Documents activities in appropriate files and systems, which may include medical records,
care management systems, etc. aligned with team’s quality improvement efforts.
- Retrieves documents from organizations to support effective transitions.
- Completes all education activities/training as requested.
- Participates in regularly scheduled team meetings.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- A minimum of an Associate Degree in Nursing
- Three (3) years professional nursing experience.
- One (1) year experience working with persons with mental illness and substance use disorders, preferably in a community-based setting.
- One (1) year experience working with diverse or vulnerable populations
- One (1) year experience working in pre-hospital services, emergency medicine or urgent care.
- Certified in Basic Life Support.
- Certifications kept current and renewed prior to expiration date.
- Current, unrestricted Arizona Registered Nurse license
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- If Float - Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., electronic medical records, importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
Schedule: Position is evening, night and weekends
Position requires that RN be on-site.