Nurse Manager (5K Sign-On Bonus)
Under the direction of the Vice President of Nursing. Promotes and restores members' health by developing day-to-day management and long-term planning of the member care area; directing and developing staff; collaborating with physicians and multidisciplinary professional staffs; providing physical and psychological support for members, friends, and families.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Identifies member service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual members and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Maintains nursing guidelines by contributing to the writing, updating and implementation of agency policies and procedures.
- Maintains nursing operations by initiating, coordinating, and enforcing program, operational, and personnel policies and procedures.
- Completes regulatory agency reports, i.e. CIR, Worker’s Compensation, etc.
- Assures quality of care by developing and interpreting integrated care philosophies and standards of care; enforcing adherence to state board of nursing and state nurse practice act requirements and to other governing agency regulations.
- Maintains nursing staff by participating in the established agency recruitment process and orienting, and training nurses and auxiliary staff.
- Maintains nursing staff job results by coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Ensures that staff supervised possesses required competencies in all aspects of their job duties.
- Supervises and evaluates staff supervised per CODAC guidelines including but not limited to coaching, counseling, and disciplining employees; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results.
- Provides one hour weekly of professional supervision to unlicensed staff supervised.
- Provides information to members and health care team by answering questions and requests.
- Resolves member needs by utilizing multidisciplinary team strategies.
- Protects members and staff by developing, interpreting & implementing infection-control policies and protocols; enforcing medication administration, storage procedures, and controlled substance regulations.
- Maintains member confidence and protects operations by monitoring confidential information processing.
- Maintains documentation of member care services by auditing member records.
- Ensures operation of medical and administrative equipment by verifying emergency equipment availability; completing preventive maintenance requirements; following manufacturer's instructions; troubleshooting malfunctions; calling for repairs; maintaining equipment inventories; evaluating new equipment and techniques..
- Maintains nursing supplies inventory by studying usage reports; identifying trends; anticipating needed supplies; approving requisitions and cost allocations.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Maintains a cooperative relationship among health care teams by communicating information; responding to requests; building rapport; participating in team problem-solving methods.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- MS in Nursing OR;
- BSN with Nursing Certification OR;
- 5 years’ experience in Nursing, two of which were in a managerial or supervisory capacity AND;
- 2 years management or supervisory capacity.
- Certified in Health Care Worker CPR and Life Saver First Aid.
- Certifications kept current and renewed prior to expiration date.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance Card
- Registered Nurse, licensed with the Arizona Board of Nursing.
- State of Arizona Registered Nurse license must be renewed prior to expiration date and always kept current.