Nurse - Licensed Practical (MAT Dosing) - 10K Sign on Bonus
Nurse- Licensed Practical is responsible for dispensing medications and participate in the screening and assessment of clients at CODAC's Methadone Clinic.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Responsible for dispensing medically prescribed doses of methadone to clients.
- Responsible for dispensing other medications prescribed by center physicians.
- Participates in the screening and assessment of clients as part of an interdisciplinary team of counselors, physicians and psychiatrists.
- Completes necessary lab slips, charting and daily dispensing records in accordance with all program, state, and federal requirements.
- Assists physicians with medical duties such as physical exams and monitoring of vital signs, as appropriate.
- Observes clients' behavior patterns and medical symptoms related to treatment; reports specific problems to the supervisor and/or counseling staff for follow-up.
- Attends and participates in team meetings and clinical staffings.
- Submits necessary requisition forms for medical supplies to the Program Coordinator.
- Collects urine specimens and records test results appropriately.
- Interface with outside agencies for the coordination of treatment and medication dispensing for clients.
- Coordinates dispensing of prescribed medication at their residence or institution when medically necessary.
- Interface with pharmacy for medication record updates and medically approved dose changes.
- Performs other related activities as directed.
Additional Essential Duties and Responsibilities for Methadone Clinic
- Dispenses methadone dosages to members following State, Federal and CODAC policies.
- Secures methadone and other medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Makes home or agency visits when appropriate to provide methadone dispensing, medial support services and assessment.
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications upon hire:
- Licensed Practical Nurse with one year professional nursing experience.
- Experience with substance abuse clients helpful. Certificates/Licenses/Registrations:
- Graduation from a State Board of Nursing approved school of practical nursing; AND,
- Currently licensed to practice nursing in the State of Arizona or must possess a temporary permit from the State Board of Nursing.
"Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled"