Licensed Practical Nurse
Provides appropriate and accurate dispensing, medical and medical support services, including information, referral and follow-up to members enrolled.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Dispenses methadone dosages to members following State, Federal and CODAC policies.
- Secures methadone and other medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Makes home or agency visits when appropriate to provide methadone dispensing, medial support services and assessment.
- As part of an interdisciplinary team, participates in evaluation and assessment of members.
- Collaborates with physicians, prescribers, and clinical staff to promote member recovery.
- Completes appropriate medical procedures and makes necessary referrals.
- Coordinates medical care with primary physician and other health care providers.
- Observes members behavior patterns and medical symptoms related to treatment. Reports assessment to provider or clinical staff for follow-up.
- Provides methadone medication delivery as ordered by physician.
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Coordinates and or provides education specific to identified medical needs.
- Provides nutritional advising and support.
- Attends and participates in appropriate meetings, psychiatric appointments and clinical staffing's.
- Administers injections to members when necessary.
- Serves on agency committees as appropriate.
- Secures medications in compliance with State and Federal regulations.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
Qualifications at hire
- Associates degree
- Two (2) years professional nursing experience. Experience working with persons with mental illness and addictions disorders in a community based setting is preferred.
- Certified in Health Care Worker CPR and Life Saver First Aid.
- Certifications kept current and renewed prior to expiration date.
- Currently licensed as a Licensed Practical Nurse in the State of Arizona.
- State of Arizona Licensed Practical Nurse license must be renewed prior to expiration date and always kept current.
- Valid Arizona Drivers license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- If Float - Drivers license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing