Inventory Control & Purchasing Specialist
This Inventory Control & Purchasing Specialist is responsible for seeking reliable vendors or suppliers, negotiating prices or contracts as well as coordinating the day-to-day product ordering and inventory levels to ensure that CODAC objectives are met.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
Develop, lead and execute purchasing strategies.
Seek reliable vendors or suppliers to provide quality goods at reasonable prices including but not limited to negotiating prices and contracts.
Maintain accurate system and physical inventory balances on all assets, including location, quantity, type & value. Perform location and product verification tasks as required.
Administer the inventory control and distribution of materials in centralized and remote storerooms.
Follow standard operating procedures for changing and/or resolving discrepancies on purchase orders.
Help develop & write standard operating procedures.
Plan short and long-term objectives for the materials control function. Set priorities for utilizing resources.
Prepare budget and control expenditures.
Communicate issues and/or any discrepancies, missing or erroneous data to Purchasing and/or Accounts Payables.
Help perform root cause investigations of basic inventory discrepancies and identify damaged and obsolete merchandise; escalate issues to higher level management, as needed.
Direct and coordinate inventory control functions with Operations, Information Technology and Finance departments.
Evaluate the storeroom activities for accuracy and quality.
Oversee the keeping of stock records and the updating of the data on the computerized maintenance management system.
Meet with appropriate departments and management to coordinate future needs/ requirements from inventory.
Participate in CODAC-wide cross-functional projects or workgroups.
Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- A minimum of Associate’s degree in Business Administration, Computer Science or a related field or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Five (5) years progressively responsible experience in inventory management/control. Experience in advanced data analysis and statistics.
- 1 year of experience in an inventory, purchasing, transportation, logistics, receiving, or distribution related role.
- Strong interpersonal skills, detail oriented and able to coordinate/manage multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Lean, Sigma or Agile, preferred
- Knowledge of Lean, Six Sigma, Agile and/or Continuous Process Improvement.
- Knowledge of materials management and administration.
- Proficient in use of a computerized maintenance management system.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Skilled in the use of Microsoft office software to include Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook.
To apply directly please click the link below. Another window will open and allow you to apply directly online. If another window does not open, it may be blocked by a popup blocker. Simultaneously press the CTRL button on your keyboard and click the link again.Apply Online
Job Status: Full Time