Family Nurse Practitioner (10K Sign-On Bonus)
Provide high quality medical care to wide variety of patients in a quality oriented, efficient, and cost effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assumes responsibility for the primary care patient (i.e., health and social histories, physical examinations, handling of acute and chronic illnesses, differential diagnosis and treatment according to policies, procedures and regulatory agency requirements.
- Deliver comprehensive, high quality medical care in the outpatient setting, with an emphasis on ongoing and preventative health care.
- Maintains continuity of each member’s health care and medical records to include documentation of all services provided, per agency guidelines.
- Conducts vision, tuberculosis, lead risk, oral health, and hearing screening.
- Provides patient education.
- Takes vital signs, as needed.
- Administers medication, including insertion of an intravenous line.
- Performs diagnostic tests such as x-ray or echocardiograph.
- Administers vaccinations.
- Collaborates and consults with other allied health professionals in order to provide comprehensive, integrated patient care.
- Manages, through mutual agreement and collaboration with physician, that part of care of a complicated patient which is appropriate to the ability and experience of the nurse practitioner.
- Collaborates and consults with other allied health professionals in order to give complete patient care.
- Assesses own professional abilities and functions, and participates in peer review of nurse practitioner practice.
- Maintains professional competence through participation in continuing education and other appropriate learning experiences.
- Contributes to the understanding of nurse practitioner through public relations and interagency planning activities.
- Conducts and participates in research related to nurse practitioner and allied health fields.
- Maintains awareness of trends in primary care, making recommendations for appropriate changes in nurse practitioner practice.
- Consult frequently with assigned preceptor regarding clinical and treatment management issues.
- Ability to work cooperatively with assigned preceptor.
- Practices and promotes a philosophy of self-responsibility, and self-development.
- Interacts politely and as a team player with all levels of staff, physicians, patients, and public.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes
Skills / Requirements
Experience - Two (2) years in an ambulatory care setting
- Family Nurse Practitioner licensed by the Arizona State Board of Nursing. License is to be maintained as current, on an ongoing basis.
- Current DEA certificate, renewed as required by law.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of various therapeutic techniques utilized in interrupting dysfunctional behavior and lifestyles.
- Superior oral and written communication skills.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to interact effectively in a team setting with other health and behavioral health professionals.
- Familiarity with people and practices within various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting date to/from applications.
"Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled"