Employment Specialist (Part-time)
Provides consultation and monitoring, assessment and rehabilitation planning, guidance and counseling, skills training; job development, employment planning, specialized job placement and supported employment for the vocational rehabilitation of members with physical or mental disabilities.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Assists members with engagement, readiness, selecting, securing and retaining employment or educational goals.
- Conducts psychosocial rehabilitation, interest, and vocational skills assessments for all enrolled members.
- Determine the kind and extent of disability and rehabilitation possibilities.
- Appropriately formulates Vocational Goals and Objectives by collaboratively developing with the member an Individual Vocational Employment Plans (IVEP) and acts as a consultant to Care Managers, Care Coordinators and other agency staff in making vocational decisions.
- Assists members with engagement in pre-vocational, vocational, educational and community involvement services, as guided by the 7 principles of the SAMHSA supported employment model.
- Provides job development, job site training and job support services to members in meeting problems of personal, social, and vocational adjustment.
- Provides employment planning, recovery, service coordination, and placement.
- Administers and/or develops work samples and situational assessments.
- Maintains a job placement data base including access to all relevant job search engines.
- Assists employers and businesses with guidelines for accommodating people with disabilities according to the Americans with Disabilities Act and other laws, regulations, policies, and procedures pertaining to persons with disabilities.
- Provides member advocacy, as needed, to ensure delivery of required services.
- Participates in staffing’s, Adult Recovery Team meetings or other meetings, as appropriate.
- Maintains regular contact with treatment team staff.
- Orients members to the assessment process; administers and interprets test results to determine learning capacity, work-related aptitudes, abilities and limitations, behavioral factors affecting vocational performance and rehabilitation potential of members; makes objective observations of all behaviors essential to the world of work; and recommends specific goals and services to members.
- Teaches basic educational and vocational skills.
- Assists members with a disability in the selection, acquisition, or use of assistive technology devices(s).
- Collaborates with members in researching and exploring services related to General Equivalency Diploma (GED) attainment and post-secondary education endeavors.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- A minimum of a High School or G.E.D.
- Rehabilitation counseling, vocational evaluation, vocational rehabilitation, degree preferred.
- High School/G.E.D. - plus four (4) years of relevant professional experience in counseling, job placement, vocational evaluation, or rehabilitation.
- Associates – plus three (3) years of relevant professional experience in counseling, job placement, vocational evaluation, or rehabilitation.
- Bachelors - plus two (2) years of relevant professional experience in counseling, job placement, vocational evaluation, or rehabilitation.
- Masters - plus one (1) year of relevant professional experience in counseling, job placement, vocational evaluation, or rehabilitation.
- Human Resources (recruitment, job placement) experience a plus.
- Certified Rehabilitation Counselor, preferred.
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Card, required
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Must be able to work weekends and holidays as needed.
- Must be able to travel to members’ home environments.
Position is required to work Saturday's