Childcare Worker develops and maintains a safe and clean childcare environment. which fosters the holistic development of children as a behavioral health prevention (promotion) strategy.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Supervises children in childcare sessions.
- Maintains a safe, clean environment for children in childcare sessions.
- Plans and implements developmentally appropriate activities for children in childcare sessions.
- With guidance leads all aspects of the childcare sessions.
- Staffs needs and concerns with the appropriate staff, as needed.
- Completes and submits required reports promptly.
- Follows agency guidelines and advocates for the needs of program families.
- Participates in staff meetings as needed.
- Identifies emerging problems and participates in on-going improvements to childcare practices including safety, communication and quality issues.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
Position Requirements: Pre-employment Competencies/requirements
- High School or GED
- First Aid
- Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance, may be required.
- A minimum of 3 years providing childcare in a professional setting, preferably in a residential treatment center
- One year of relevant behavioral health experience, a plus
Agency Vehicle Operation Requirements:
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Staff operating 16 passenger vehicles (including driver) must have an Arizona Commercial Driver License (CDL) – Class C, if applicable.
"Equal Opportunity Employer Minorities/Women/Veterans/Disabled"