Certified Personal Trainer
Responsibilities include but are not limited to conducting individual and group personal training sessions in a dynamic, safe, and constructive manner; maintain a high level of motivation and control in classes while exhibiting friendly, kind, energetic, outgoing and enthusiastic qualities. Personal Trainers must perform within certification and/or training standards and/or Code of Ethics and demonstrate a professional appearance and demeanor.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: The position is responsible, but not exclusive, for the following:
- Develops and implements individualized programming based on member consultation and assessment, demonstrating proper technique.
- Conducts reassessment when appropriate.
- Checks for understanding with all programming.
- Provides member with written/electronic access to their periodized workout plan.
- Provide these services with consideration of physical, psychosocial, cultural/spiritual, and age specific needs of those served.
- Offer encouragement and motivation on an ongoing basis to enhance member desire to attain his/her predetermined goals.
- Chart client goals and progress
- Conduct personal training within the scope of practice of a certified personal trainer; refer clients to the proper health care professional when necessary.
- Adhere to all Personal Training Staff Policies and Procedures.
- Maintains accurate files for client assessments and signed client agreement forms.
- Charts client goals and progress.
- Accurately record all personal training intake sheets taken on a personal training-tracking sheet, recording the date of initial contact with the client.
- Keep schedule in appropriate systems updated weekly with times and client names.
- Provide outstanding customer service: smile, greet people, and respond to questions from other departments, members, families and staff about training, and procedures and policies.
- Effectively work within a team structure, offering helpful input or assistance to other departments when necessary.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- A Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in appropriate discipline
- A minimum of 1 year experience as a Certified Personal Trainer
- National Personal Trainer Certification, required
- CPR and First Aid, required
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle. Driver’s license is an essential requirement for performing duties for this position.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Extensive knowledge of nutrition and health challenges.
- Ability to engage and coach others
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing