Certified Medical Assistant
Provides medical and office support services to Behavioral Health Medical Professional (BHMP) and multidisciplinary team within CODAC clinical settings.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates the delivery of integrated care services to members, in collaboration with clinical and other staff to address the member’s needs.
- Performs integrated healthcare assessment and annual assessment updates.
- Assists in development, implementation and revision of integrated service plans; assures that services provided are specified in the integrated service plan and monitors progress toward treatment goals, crisis plans and coordinating of adult recovery teams.
- Assist and support members to follow through on prescribed medical interventions and diagnostic testing.
- Inform and educate members regarding the meaning and implications of test results and prescribed interventions, as per clinic protocol.
- Assesses and addresses barriers to health.
- Assists with initiation, researched, completes and faxes of communication documents as directed by BHMP or RN (i.e. Prior Authorizations, PCP Coordination and Disability Forms, etc.).
- Takes vital signs of members.
- Administers injections as directed/order by BHMP.
- Reviews and updates current medication list with any current non-psychiatric medications.
- Screen for any changes in medical diagnosis or medical medications since last appointment.
- Obtains charts from Medical Records and returns charts as needed.
- Obtains Urine Drug Screen samples from members, when appropriate.
- Returns phone messages from members, when asked to do so by the BHMP or RN.
- Reviews next day appointment charts to determine needed chart updates. Clips chart update forms to outside of chart for completion by BHMP.
- Performs various office duties, such as shredding documents, filing, and sorting mail, lab reports, faxes from pharmacies, etc.
- Provides case management, health promotion and other necessary services to support member recovery.
- Completes necessary charting and record keeping in accordance with agency and funding source requirements.
- Assist and educates members with self-administration of medication (med boxes).
- Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- Graduate of an accredited Certificate Medical Assistant program;
- Certified Clinical Medical Assistant, preferred (https://www.nhanow.com/certifications/clinical-medical-assistant)
- Experience working in a clinical setting including but not limited to administering injections, completing prior authorizations, medication education, etc.
- A minimum of one year experience in general office skills, customer service, insurance and billing, and patient care.
- Must be Certified Clinical Medical Assistant within one (1) year of employment.
- Valid Arizona Drivers- license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- 1st Aid, CPR required.