Advocate - Crisis
The Crisis Advocate is responsible for providing and coordinating crisis intervention services during office hours and after hours. Position provides advocacy, crisis intervention, and follow up services, information and referrals for anyone seeking sexual assault support through crisis intervention programs: This is a grant funded position.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Provides direct crisis intervention and advocacy to survivors of human trafficking (phone and/or face-to-face):
- Coordinates law enforcement calls and responds to offsite locations to interview and provide advocacy, crisis intervention, information, and referral services to recent human trafficking survivors.
- Coordinate services as needed with other members of the crisis services program to ensure continuity of care.
- Provides the following services via the crisis line: crisis intervention, information, referrals, and complete mental health referrals for clients wanting therapy.
- Provides face-to-face crisis intervention.
- Assists with follow-up support services via telephone to crisis clients requesting a follow-up call, as needed.
- Transports survivors, as needed.
- Provides ongoing, complex personal advocacy services to ongoing clients via telephone or in person.
- Creates plan of action with clients including coordination with community resources.
- Advocates for clients and accompanies clients to appointments, as needed.
- Provides assistance with Victims Compensation.
- Maintains stocks of clothing, personal hygiene products, paperwork, materials and other advocacy items for exams.
- Coordinates and manages crisis services inventory as needed which includes collaborators, regulatory agencies and/or stakeholders.
- Prepares and provides reports as needed to collaborators, regulatory agencies and/or stakeholders.
- Assists in the development of materials for survivors and resource manuals for team members.
- Must be able to safely and effectively monitor consumer activities, with or without a reasonable accommodation.
- Performs other related duties in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
Education & Experience:
- High School or equivalent Minimum 2 years experience relevant work experience, preferably providing crisis intervention and/or working with survivors of trafficking.
- Bachelors - Minimum 1 year experience relevant work experience, preferably providing crisis intervention and/or working with survivors of trafficking.
- First Aid
- Arizona Department of Public Safety Fingerprint Clearance (required at hire)
- Position requires some evening, night and weekend call and response.
- Bilingual and shift differential available