Under the supervision of the Medical Provide acupuncture consults, acupuncture and aftercare recommendations for patients at the facility.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
1. Provide education to patients in individual or group sessions regarding acupuncture and oriental medicine.
2. Provide coordination for body centered therapists including Somatic Therapy, Ear Acupuncture, Acupuncture, Herbal Therapies and Shiatsu.
3. Represent these therapies in medical department meetings and provide input to Medical Director for purposes of evaluations and budget planning.
4. Schedule coverage for all modalities when therapists are unavailable.
5. Keep body centered therapies current, adding modalities as needed.
6. Performs other related activities in accordance with agency growth and changes.
Skills / Requirements
- Masters of Science degree required. Three to four year program after premed is required.
- Experience working with chemical dependency, eating disorders and mental health issues is preferred.
- Active license in Acupuncture required. National Diplomat in Acupuncture (NCCAOM) preferred.
- Valid Arizona Driver’s license, proof of current insurance and willingness to use personal vehicle.
- Clean Motor Vehicle Record - no more than 2 moving violations or a license suspension in past 3 years.
- Bilingual a plus.
- Must have a commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Extensive knowledge of community resources.
- Extensive knowledge of behavioral health challenges which include knowledge of the impacts of mental illness, domestic violence, and the dynamics of addictive behavior.
- Familiarity with various ethnic and cultural groups.
- Intermediate to advanced computer skills using MS Office products, Word, Excel, Access, etc., importing/exporting data to/from applications.
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing